The Social Media Assistant works under the supervision of the Marketing Manager and/or appointed Supervisors/Managers. This position is a member of the marketing team for the company. They will administer the company’s social media marketing and advertising and assist in other areas as needed for the company.
The Social Media Assistant is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as she/he engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of:
- Turning fans into customers.
- Turning customers into advocates.
- Community participation.
- Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to a Social Media Assistant’s success. An essential component is communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way what will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected buyers.
The Social Media Assistant is instrumental in assisting with the company’s content-related assets. Google’s #1 search ranking factor is relevant content (content that serves searchers’ needs the best). It’s clear then that managing content should be part of the Social Media Assistant Job Description.
Basic Essential Functions and Duties:
- Deliberate planning, strategy and goal setting.
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation.
- Content management (including website).
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic.
- Cultivation of leads and sales.
- Reputation management.
Content Management Essential Functions and Duties:
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content (for all channels and ads)
- Identify and improve organizational development aspects that would improve content (ie: employee training, recognition and rewards for participation in the company’s marketing and online review building).
- Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising.
- Leverage the right tools to manage your content.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Integrate all channels of marketing (social media, SEO, content marketing, email, print and digital marketing)
- Assist in the management or oversight of all social advertising campaigns.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualification:
- Possess or have the desire and ability to acquire product knowledge necessary to achieve marketing goals
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Quality and organization are of utmost importance.
- Must work well in a team environment and maintain good communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with times of high stress and volume.
- Ability to use good judgment and logic.
- Some travel may be required.
- Good punctuality and attendance.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Mature attitude.
- Pride in work.
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible.
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, and/or equivalent work experience (required).
- Experience with Modern Content Management Systems.
- Strong background in Photoshop or similar digital design program.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS.
- Experience with Constant Contact or similar e-mail marketing solution.
- Social Media management (a plus).
- Experience in production environment.
- Knowledge of Firearms (preferred).
- Knowledge and experience in Web Design, Videography, and Photography (preferred).
- Experience in Public Relations.
- Knowledge of Communication / Marketing.