POSITION: Microsoft Dynamics GP Developer
REPORTS TO: Director of IT
The Microsoft Dynamics GP Developer will design, develop, and implement key technical components of our Microsoft Dynamics GP system for our internal team. You will have an opportunity to work across a growing number of integrations and solutions and will work closely with the Information Systems and Finance teams to contribute to and deliver on an evolving strategic roadmap. You will be expected to work with business stakeholders across multiple functional areas within the organization, often playing several different roles within a project lifecycle, where you will guide business users and develop and deliver quality work products. This is a hands-on role that requires significant technical experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and related technologies.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Hands on design and development of custom solutions and general system administration in a Microsoft Dynamics GP environment.
- Serves as the technical subject matter expert on Microsoft Dynamics GP development projects and makes recommendations on optimal solution design and strategy.
- Leading the development of business requirements, specifications, process flows, application design, application configuration and testing, and administration.
- Participates in maintaining appropriate licensing and associated storage for production and development environments as well as database configuration and development.
- Ensure appropriate code monitoring is maintained for all environments.
- Develop and implement high-quality code which meets functional specifications along with technical requirements for reusability, maintainability, and scalability when appropriate.
- Participate in the various stages of the full software life cycle including requirement analysis, functional solution design, test case preparation, development management, functional testing, and project/delivery management.
- Provide day-to-day technical application support for implemented solutions.
- Optimize current technical implementations to meet business needs and strategically work with the business on implementing new/updating solutions as the business evolves.
- Ability to work off-hours and provide on-call support as needed.
- Lead 3rd parties in development, maintenance, and testing of Microsoft Dynamics GP and Integrated systems.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of Microsoft Dynamics GP (GP)Responsible for configuration changes in GP to align with current business needs and support streamlining of the business processes
- Participates in designing company’s data architecture
- Participate in formulating and administering divisions’ short and long term goals and objectives
- Define and execute the operational processes to effectively manage the production and non-production environment for GP and integrate with upstream and downstream applications
- Develop strong relationships with technology vendors and other partners and manage them on an ongoing basis (3rd party modules are: SmartList Builder, Collections Management, Thomson Reuters)
- Effectively communicate with different audiences. It is important to be able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in written documents (graphics or text), and to present these coherently and logically.
- Develop solid understanding of all operations at the company and the related GP configuration and operations
- Provide support and technical training to end users in GP modules
- Participates in maintaining GP licenses and upgrades
- Responsible for maintaining user access and security
- Build strong relationships with other departments
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualification:
- Working understanding of Manufacturing
- Working understanding of Financial Management
- Experience with software testing methodologies
- Verbal and written communication skills – able to understand and bridge business requirements between end users and technical resources.
- Conflict management and problem solving – can build and maintain lasting relationships both within the organization and with external vendors
- Ability to create SQL jobs and store procedures
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Regularly spend long hours in intense concentration reviewing and entering financial information into a computer
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently work in on projects that require deadlines
- Frequently bend to file and maintain files
- Occasionally lift 5-10 pounds
Experience and Education:
- BS degree or equivalent with 5 years IT experience and at least 3 years of experience in Microsoft Dynamics GP (2016) architecture, design, and development.
- At least 5 years of experience supporting Microsoft Dynamics GP or similar ERP Software
- Experience with upgrading Microsoft Dynamics GP (preferred).
- Experience with integrations through tools such as Scribe or Smart Connect preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure deployments desirable.
- Strong understanding of sales order processing, purchase order processing, project accounting, SSRS reporting, BI reporting, ARED, core financial modules and overall financial accounting processes.
- Experience designing and developing database objects, tables, views, and stored procedure.
- Experience with SOX controlled environments.
- Familiarity with JIRA (or similar project management tools).
- Strong background with SQL and SQL Server
- Knowledge of ERP Software table structures
Pay: $1000.00-$1400.00 per week
|Job Category||Information Technology (IT)|