The Credit / Collections Analyst works under the supervision of the Credit / Collections Manager and/or appointed Supervisors/Managers. This position is a member of the Accounting team for the company. They handle accounts receivables duties, and assists accounting personnel by providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the accounting personnel of the company
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Utilize the Credit/Collections Module of Microsoft Dynamics GP Call for managing customer accounts including call and e-mail on delinquent accounts. Send demand notices on delinquent accounts.
- Work with sales staff on customer accounts delinquency issues.
- Work with sales staff on new customer on-boarding process and procedures (Federal Firearms License or equivalent for states, vendor and bank references and Sales Tax Exemption Form).
- Work with sales staff on existing customer credit review process and procedures.
- Coordinate customer payments, billing inquiries and requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Utilize the company’s customer order workflow process to review and release sales orders for shipment.
- Coordinate resolution with the sales staff for customer sales orders denied release for shipment.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AR function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Clerical and office support of the management team
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualification:
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting, specifically Microsoft Dynamics – GP and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry and math skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Quality and organization are of utmost importance.
- Must work well in a team environment and maintain good communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with times of high stress and volume.
- Ability to use good judgment and logic.
- Good punctuality and attendance.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Mature attitude.
- Pride in work.
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible.
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Regularly spend long hours in intense concentration reviewing and entering financial information into a computer
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently work in on projects that require deadlines
- Frequently bend to file and maintain files
- Occasionally lift 5-10 pounds
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ prior experience with accounts receivable position