POSITION: Compliance Administrator
REPORTS TO: Compliance Manager / Operations Manager
The Compliance Administrator works under the supervision of the Compliance Manager and/or Operations Manager. This position is a member of the Compliance team for the company. They handle Compliance matters within the company as pertains to operating under Federal, State, Local, and International agencies laws and regulations and assist in other areas as needed for the company.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Learn the day to day and long-term legal compliance responsibilities of the compliance department (ATF/DDTC/BIS)
- Assist in preparing various documents for licenses and import/export shipments
- Assist with inventory control and serialized inventories
- Learn compliance functions of the AmChar Distribution Locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and the AmChar Retail Stores
- Learn compliance regulations for operating a Gun Range (OSHA/NIOSH/EPA)
- Assist with federal classification of products for import and export
- Learn export regulation functions for controlled items
- Work with foreign suppliers for American Tactical goods and services
- Assist with internal investigations of compliance issues
- Additional duties as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualification:
- Must have proven record for advanced productivity and quality performance.
- Must be able to learn and comprehend by reading – lots of reading.
- Must be able to learn and correctly perform processes in Great Plains, Sales Pad and Microsoft Excel.
- Must have high degree of accuracy, and excellent attention to detail
- Shows a high level of accountability for product, performance and personal responsibility.
- Must be able to Multi-Task
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must have high level of verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with times of high stress and volume.
- Ability to use good judgment and logic.
- Good punctuality and attendance.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility
- Mature attitude
- Pride in work.
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently working on projects that require deadlines
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school (preferred).
- Experience working in wholesale distribution company.
- Experience managing multiple companies.
- Experience with international companies.