POSITION: Accounts Receivable (AR) Clerk
REPORTS TO: Credit and Collections Manager
The Accounts Receivable (AR) Clerk works under the supervision of the Credit and Collections Manager. This position is a member of the Accounting team for the company. They handle Accounts Receivable (AR) duties providing financial, administrative, and clerical support to the accounting personnel, and assist in other areas as needed for the company.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Enter and post payments received by check, Fax Check, or credit card in accounting system.
- Create and print Fax Checks for customers.
- Process customer cash receipts (i.e., lockbox) in accounting system
- Make electronic deposits from clients into bank account.
- Create Monthly Reports
- Reconcile accounts
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash, etc.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries
- Process adjustments
- Collect data and prepare daily / monthly metrics
- Additional duties as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualification:
- Knowledge of general accounting principals
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting, specifically Microsoft Dynamics – GP and spreadsheet programs (Excel)
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry and math skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL and ACCURACY – Quality and organization are of utmost importance.
- Must work well in a team environment and maintain good communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with times of high stress and volume.
- Ability to use good judgment and logic.
- Good punctuality and attendance.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Mature attitude.
- Pride in work.
- Ability to multitask and remain flexible.
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Regularly spend long hours in intense concentration reviewing and entering financial information into a computer
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently work in on projects that require deadlines
- Frequently bend to file and maintain files
- Occasionally lift 5-10 pounds
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience with Accounts Receivable (AR).
- Experience working in wholesale distribution company.
- Experience managing multiple companies.
- Experience with international companies.
- Defined accomplishment of automation, streamlining processes, and moving to a paperless workflow.
- Experience with inventory receiving and 3-way invoice matching.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP).