POSITION: Accounts Payable (AP) Clerk
REPORTS TO: Accounts Payable (AP) Manager
The Accounts Payable (AP) Clerk works under the supervision of the Accounts Payable (AP) Manager. This position is a member of the Accounting team for the company. They handle Accounts Payable (AP) duties providing financial, administrative, and clerical support to accounting personnel, and assist in other areas as needed for the company.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Enter all Accounts Payable (AP) for the company for Inventory/Services.
- Enter all vendor credits into company accounting package.
- Research with Purchasing and Warehouse for inventory issues.
- Work with vendors on any disputed charges/credits.
- Work with Purchasing on inventory purchases process for improvements and to make sure that items from inventory are entered properly in accounting system.
- Match vendor invoices to check payments to mail out. Also work with Purchasing to understand/verify any vendor credits to be received in.
- Renewal of insurance certificates for vendors.
- Reviews service invoices with Corporate Controller for proper coding into accounting system.
- Reconcile Statements
- Additional duties as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualification:
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- 5 + years of Accounts Payable (AP) Experience
- Great Plains experience preferred but not required (training will be provided)
- Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Full Cycle Accounts Payable (AP) experience
- Excel Experience/ run daily reports
- Able to be trained via Teams from other employees off site.
- Must be able to Multi-Task
- Analytical Role/ Researcher
- Foreign currency exchange knowledge
- High Volume /Multiple Company entry
- 3- way matches
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry and math skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Quality and organization are of utmost importance.
- Must work well in a team environment and maintain good communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with times of high stress and volume.
- Ability to use good judgment and logic.
- Good punctuality and attendance.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Mature attitude.
- Pride in work.
- Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Regularly spend long hours in intense concentration reviewing and entering financial information into a computer
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently work in on projects that require deadlines
- Frequently bend to file and maintain files
- Occasionally lift 5-10 pounds
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school (preferred).
- Minimum 3 years prior experience with Accounts Payable (AP).
- Experience working in wholesale distribution company.
- Experience managing multiple companies.
- Experience with international companies.
- Defined accomplishment of automation, streamlining processes, and moving to a paperless workflow.
- Experience with inventory receiving and 3-way invoice matching.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP).